Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pixel


Meet Pixel. No, we didn't get another ferret. We only had her for a week. Dacian was in love with this new pet that he could hold and carry everywhere. I think he played a little too much with her. She was very gentle and just an easy pet. She stayed in her cage most of the time. I love ferrets because they are very personable, they are easily potty trained, they are smart and mischievous. It made me miss our old ferret. However, I will not get any other pets and I am determined to not have any other pets after Tomi, our dog dies. He's in good shape for 14 and I think he might still have 2 good years in him. Now that I have kids and I am so busy and tired I don't want the responsibility of going for walks even when it's so cold and rainy and also the fact that whenever you go somewhere you have to have someone take care of your animal. Of course, now I know why for the longest time my parents would not let me have a dog. Cats, parrots or other birds, fish was OK.
Anyway, we had fun with this little pet for a week. Our friends came and got her today. Dacian told me all week that she is his pet and we can't give her back but today he had no problem with it. I guess I talked about it enough to give him a heads up.

Isn't she so cute? I love her pure white coat. Pixel is deaf but still very cute and playful.
I love this boy.
And this girl. I couldn't get a picture with the ferret and Lavinia. She kept laughing the whole time so here she is anyway.

5 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

I think Ferretts look so cool. But, I agree with you. I'm going to wait awhile before we get any pets.

Happy anniversary last month! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration.

Livia said...

Ce pet dragut!Si copii mei vreau un pet, un catel- dar inainte sa le cumpar unul vreau ca sa-i duc sa fie voluntari pentru humane society ca sa vada cum este sa ai grija de un animal pentru cateva luni.

Cristina Karekar said...

Ce ferret dragut! I hear you, we're sticking to fish! Although it's hard not to give Ella, a passionat animal lover, the chance to pet a real pet she can actually play and care for. Maybe when she's older. It's a lot of work!

Cristina Karekar said...

Looking at Lavinia's pic just noticed your got her ears pierced! How cute!!! Love it! When did you get it done and how did she do?

Maddy S said...

Cristina, I got it done over Christmas break and she cried when it was done but was just fine after that. She had no infection, swelling and she isn't pulling on her ears at all. I think she looks so cute with them. I'm so glad you noticed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...