Thursday, July 28, 2011

Another dream vacation- Part 1- Naming Ceremony and Camping


Wow! Where should I begin? I have so much to write about and so many pictures that I took that it is just plain overwhelming. Plus I am bad and I start getting into the picture edits and post while my kids are still awake and I know how annoying that is to them.
Anyway, I have been gone from July 1st through the 26th with 3 days at home here and there.
First trip was Canada on the Indian Reservation. This was my first reunion ever just to give you an idea how often these happen. We were glad to be there together as a family for a happy even and not a funeral which was the event that seemed to get us together.

We got Indian names given to the adults by their Grandma Allen and to our children by their grandma Charlotte.

It was such a neat experience to participate in this. The weekend was very well planned, and I didn't have any stress like I had anticipated. I am sure those who prepared for the reunion and who live them can say otherwise but I am very thankful for their work. We had a big dinner, karaoke, dance, and family pictures. We also stayed up really late playing games and enjoying our time together.

Here are our names:
Shane-Red Hawk with acute senses-Weel Wilt pia
Maddy-Blue Bell-(flower) Quik a ips
Dacian-Fox-Whyluc
Lavinia-Social Butterfly-Pill pal ah which chi ah

To say Lavinia was excited about being called a butterfly is an understatement. Everytime she sees one she says" "Here I am, mommy! I am a butterfly." and then she says her name in the native tongue.

We all came up under this tent thingy and were presented a frame with a picture of what our name is and then were told why the name was chosen for us and of course some nice things about us. I thought everyone got a really cool name and they were well thought out.

I will take a picture of our frames soon.  Again I am not too pleased with the pictures. It was so hot and always so bright and I just am not that good a photographer to take good pics in any lighting.


Inside that place covered by the blankets they were doing a  sweat lodge. 
Cool Zeke with D's glasses
Beatiful Ashley (SIL) and Alexis (niece) in their regalias. 

Aren't those costumes neat? 
My handsome, intelligent FOX. :)
Can't help myself. I got him to smile pretty. 
Getting his name, stick and frame from his grandma. 
My little butterfly. 

Shane's great grandma made all of those beautiful dresses. I love how the sisters have all different colored flowers. 

Everyone left on July 4th and my sister in law Ashley stayed in Canada with me and the kids for a few more days. We took advantage of the hot sun and went to the beach lots and had a great time.

Then we went to Walla Walla where Shane's brother lives and went camping for two nights. We love camping out there. Again, lots of fun except for my two very annoying kids at that time. They just were so whinny at that point. My kids don't do very well on trips especially if they are longer than just a few days.
Anyway, I am sure it will get easier and better as they are older.


5 comments:

Ioana said...

I'm glad you got to have so much fun!

Ioana said...

I love the new pics you added! Your kids are SOOOO beautiful! Pupici!

Cristina Karekar said...

Great vacation and pics!!

Stanca said...

Wow, ce super vacanta! Ma bucur pt tine ca ai reusit sa te relaxezi putin, meriti si cred ca aveai nevoie. :) Si mie imi place sa "hang out" cu mama, asa ca te inteleg. ;) Foarte reusite pozele! Te pup!

Jana said...

What wonderful names! Great photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...