Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter seemed so rushed this year. We came home from our trip and then quickly painted eggs on Friday and bought a few things for dinner for Easter. Like I mentioned my parents invited us over for dinner. I love every opportunity to go there and partake of the yummy Romanian treats my mom tirelessly makes.

Before church we had the kids find their Easter baskets. Lavinia of course was so excited to wear her cute Easter dress. I got this idea from a wonderful blog I read about  a fun way to get to the Easter baskets. Tying string form their rooms and leading them to the baskets. I made it kind of hard for D but it was fun and I think I'll keep this tradition. Lavi had help. We then made delicious resurrection rolls and had the kids watch a wonderful movie clip on lds.com and of course talked about why we really celebrate Easter.

I am trying to incorporate fun and more traditions and actually doing some things that I find cool and not just store them on my pinterest board. For sure though I am becoming happier with myself and OK with the fact that I am not super mom, crafter extraordinaire or whatever thing I wish I were more of. I am who I am and my kids love ME for who I am. For now at least. :)



Pavlova-out of Holly's pinterest board :) It was so delicious and easy to make.

Dessert I made for D







We quickly had an Easter egg hunt inside the house
The golden egg was extra special! 


Mom's dinner table

The blotchy, ugly eggs we produced. haha Kids had fun that's what counts! 
Traditional egg knocking
My beautiful LAV


Grandma got her a second dress. So pretty!
She got kid make-up and was beyond delighted

And here's the empty tomb-aka Resurrection Roll

1 comment:

Ioana said...

Ce frumos ati sarbatorit!!! Daca as fi stiut ca erai la Temple Square, as fi traversat strada de la Conf Center si as fi venit sa te vad!!! Nu te-am mai vazut de secole!!! Te pup!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...