Sunday, June 17, 2012

Today was a great day!

I am in a good mood. I am not even tired though I feel like I should be. I was up late making Shane a yummy breakfast casserole for Father's day. I baked it in the morning but it was ready at 12 last night. The recipe suggested being in the fridge all night.
I woke up first around 8:30m. Can I hear a Halleluia for sleeping in? I put the food in the oven and had everything ready by the time Shane and the kids came down. I was proud of myself for my timing. It was a fun morning. I had time to wrap his little gift even. Time to prep the Primary lesson for today. I was overwhelmed as I usually am when there is too much on the agenda but I kept my cool and did it all.

After church I quickly threw everything in the oven or on the stove and my parents came by so we could celebrate the dads, Shane and my dad, two boys I LOVE with all my heart. I made a yummy Caprese salad, little yellow potatoes and baked chicken plus a few appetizers and mom brought a homemade Tiramisu cake. So good!

Oh and how could I forget? Shane's gift was for me to clean the house without him helping. Ha! I didn't totally reach my goal and only cleaned the living room but that included carpet cleaning. So yesterday until about 10pm I was cleaning carpets. I had taken a long nap so that's why the delay. I will keep on cleaning until the whole house gets done. I am ready to de junk in a major way this summer. I don't even care to do a garage sale or sell anything. This is the reason why we still have the stuff I was going to get rid of last summer. It's best to just go to DI and donate. I already went once but I have long way to go. I thought I could do it sooner but it turns out cleaning a big mess takes more than just a day. So I am taking a deep breath and will have to schedule a room a day, a project a day come summer. I sure hope we'll be home more this summer unlike last.

The kids have school one more week and I have to work for two more and then 7 weeks off. Yahoo!
I have big plans of doing work around here, lots of reading, going to the lake, going out on hikes, camping, setting the kids on a chore system and less computer and electronics time for all of us.

I really am praying I will do what I plan as I tend to come up with excuses or everything all of a sudden doesn't happen as I imagine it. I am planning to cook more, plan our meals ( I am not a planner and this will be a challenge) and get the kids to help around the house more. Dacian is a pretty good helper. Lavinia not so much. She always starts crying when I say it's cleanup time. She says she hates it. A girl who takes after her mom sadly. She does like to cook and always helps me out in the kitchen. I will try to encourage that and give her the opportunity to help me there if that's what comes easier for her.

I am hoping that with donating some toys and putting some in time out she won't get so overwhelmed and it will be easy to clean.

I still want to update the blog with my 10 K run/walk from Vancouver, BC but that will have to wait for now. I remember that as soon as I get off for summer the posts start to happen more often, I am rested and relaxed and happy, I see the sun more and life is peachy.

June is a hard month at work with all the end of the year stuff I have to do but the end is in sight. I've been coming home super stressed and feeling like I hadn't taken a breath the whole day.

My exercising took a back seat due to my foot injury. Not working out hard it became easier to concentrate on eating healthier, less carbs, less calories. But with the June stress I haven't been as consistent about it. I beat myself up but not too harshly. I am trying and that's good for now.

I wonder if my feeling of contentment today is because of how much I accomplished with how little energy I had. Now my kids are watching "Cars". It's been a while since we've seen that show. The DVD player wasn't working and Shane just fixed it today. I missed the running that happens around our table right at the beginning of the race. I was curious if Dacian would do it again. I saw him watch the cars get ready to race. He put a stick down as his start line and he darted along with Lavinia as soon as the cars took off. I want to remember this.  He's becoming such a big boy. I blame school for that one. :) I joined in the race and chased them so much. Now the house is quiet and I also enjoy that. The end of the show slows down and so do they.

Wow, this post is becoming too long. Like I said you will see more of me around here soon.

Hope you all had a nice father's day. We had  great one.

2 comments:

Ioana said...

Ma bucur ca ai avut o zi buna!!! Daca vii la noi, Cars si Cars 2 sunt on tot timpul din cauza lui Tommy. :) Te pup si abia astept sa vad posturi noi!

Cristina Karekar said...

Such a nice post, so glad you got so much done, felt great about it and are in high spirits. Getting things done works wonders for our overall state of mind, it does for me. Excited to see more posts!!! Pupici, xoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...