Monday, June 7, 2010

The good and the bad

On the day we made cookies Dacian was also doing his own cooking. He grabbed a real pan and put it on his little stove. Lavinia is enamored with her brother. Look how cute she is gazing at her brother. Man, I love my kids! 
And since I don't want to forget and this paper will probably get lost at some point I wanted to post what I found on my fridge a while back. I came from work and I found this posted on the fridge. That's what he does with stuff he is proud of. I have to admit I was pretty proud of him too. It seems like something finally clicked and now he can read short words and sound them out and write them. Of course there are still lots of mistakes but it's a start. I didn't tell him to do this though or ever sat down to really spell the words so therefore I'm pretty surprised. 
That was the good. The bad is that my daughter thinks my couches are for writing. That same day this is what I found. I was so mad. Fortunately it came off pretty easily. Except for writing on my walls once Dacian never did stuff like this. Now they have a fun easel I bought at IKEA and I hope they will use this instead of items in my house. 
And to fully entertain my audience here's what I also found on my fridge as well a while back. Boys... It's so funny the Leap Frog thingy spells the word and then says: Congratulations! Good job. It's funny to hear that after the word BUT(T). 

7 comments:

Cristina Karekar said...

Bravo Daci!!! Lavi e o scumpa asa tandra si iubitoare cum se uita la el!

Holly Wilcox said...

So exciting when he starts to write and sound out words.
I love the picture of Lavinia grinning at her bro.
Can you translate the note for me?
I'm only able to figure out a few words.

Maddy S said...

Well, the B's are wrong in this one. Big, Bats, car, dad, tap, sap. Every day now he writes new words, 3 letter words are easy now and he moved on to longer words. He always asks me when we read about certain words and tries to decipher himself. He can read most of Go, Dog, Go himself and short little books like that. I am sure it helps we read them a lot already and can also memorize the words.
He tries to write longer words by sounding them out and it's funny he drops the vowels a lot. He wrote a note for a teacher helper at preschool and before I could tell him how he wrote TCR HELPR. It looked a lot like the notes I see kindergarteners write to our pricple.:)

Ioana said...

Cat de scumpi sunt amandoi!!! Si bravo lui Dacian!:)

Holly Wilcox said...

That's so cute. He is on his way! I think they do learn by reading the same book over and over. Even if he is partly memorizing, he is still learning to spell those words.

So funny that the Kinders write notes to the principal!

Holly Wilcox said...

Oh and Big Bats. That's what I couldn't figure out. But, now it makes perfect sense.

real? said...

Dacian looks so grown up! And Lavinia is cute as always...miss you too.
--This is Heidi, by the way. Cristian says nobody knows who I am with my login

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...