Friday, June 11, 2010

Preschool Graduation

Mr. Daci, the Little Roo Preschool Graduate. I can't say enough about this great preschool. We all loved his teacher and also all the high school students who helped in there.  It was so fun to participate in their end of the year party and graduation. I even bumped into two girls I used to have in our daycare back when I was a daycare teacher. I couldn't believe it. Just like that these girls were all grown up. Just like that my boy is growing up so fast.
 I was all tough when preschool started and didn't really get that emotional when I dropped him off for the first time but now at the end of this first preschool year I was kind of a mess. I loved seeing my son so happy. I loved seeing these young students caring for my little son. They came to me to compliment me on what a good boy he is and what fun outfits he wears at school. Mind you my parents dress him since they are the ones taking him to school. So the compliments go to my parents too. :)
Dacian changed a lot this year. He now speaks English really well and has the tendency to use mostly English even though he can speak Romanian just fine. He is very interested in learning and I could see how much being at school has helped. He counts things all the time, he can read simple sentences and he likes to spell and sound things out. I can only hope he keeps this up. 

By the way this school when I enrolled him in it we were told is not stressing academics but try to take it easy on the kids and prepare them for Kindergarten, teach them manners, etc. I had heard from our church members great things about it. I am glad we made it in since they have a long waiting list for it. Sadly this next year will be the last ever for this program due to no new funding from state. 

With all this in mind the decision to switch him next year to a different preschool was very hard. Because I work for the district I get to place my son in our preschool if I want for free. Now Little Roos is not expensive at all but when you talk $900 a year I think I prefer free. I know our district has great teachers there too and also a good program. I know that Dacian will adjust just fine. I'm the one who seems to not be ready for change for him. I second guess myself and wonder if by being cheap I am taking him away from his friends and this wonderful teacher. I still have him enrolled in the old place so I guess it's not final. What should I do? 
Decisions, decisions....
Sweet Lavi thought this was all fun too. She danced when they played a slide show and clapped a lot. She also made friends with some students who liked to give her plenty of attention. Who wouldn't? She is so cute and so little.

6 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so happy it was a wonderful experience for him. It's really sad that it's ending. Tyler and his siblings went to a similar program when the were young and Susan said it was the best thing.

He will do fine in Kindergarten even if you decide to not do preschool next year.
I would say, do it if your parents need a break from watching him. But, if not- just take the year off, save some $ and do Kindergarten the following year.

Maddy S said...

Well, my parents do like a little free time and more time with Lavinia. I think I will go with the free one. Plus he gets bused from home to there and back so they wouldn't have to walk all over the place like this year. He likes the structure but you are right he would do just fine not going. How is B doing? When is he going to preschool?

Cristina Karekar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristina Karekar said...

Love the pics! Bravo Daci, great job! From my experience with Ella being pushed to learn and loving interaction with kids her age, I'd say if you have the chance to have him attend the preschool at your school district (esp since it's free), do it! They are like sponges these years, they love to learn and they do learn a ton, so this would be a great thing for him! It'll be a change and it'll be different from the previous preschool but it'd may be good practice for the big change he'll have when he goes to Kindergarten. Te pup!!

Livia said...

Raspuns la intrebarile tale de pe blogul meu.1)Locuiesc in Lawrence,Kansas si ne place tare mult aiceea chiar daca avem tornados warnings cateodata. 2) Parintii mei vor veni aiceea definitiv pe data de 20 Septembrie impreuna cu sora mea Andreea.Abea astept!
Ai tu pe parintii tai aicea definitiv?

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh...these little graduation pictures are adorable!!! I want a little graduate... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...