Thursday, July 1, 2010

Another graduate or two or three...

Well, I have a few new graduates in my life. Numero UNO: DAD
My amazing dad went to school for a year to get a certification as an auto mechanic technician since without knowing English really well it would be hard to find a job in his real profession, Engineering. He did amazingly well (even got a scholarship his second term for really good grades) and in the process he learned English better, he pushed himself, was patient and diligently stayed up in the wee hours of the night studying, looking up words in the dictionary all at the ripe age of 62. Simply amazing. I am so, so proud of him. Now we are praying hard that he finds a job where he could put to the test all the new things he learned. He's a super handy guy and very strong and healthy. I love him with all my heart and wish him the best.
Here he is and here is my aunt who was here helping me with the kids while dad went to school. So grateful for her and my family.
Of course we had to celebrate Romanian style. We had a BBQ and end with delicious cakes made by my mom. We celebrated dad's graduation, Doina's birthday and her farewell and father's day. It was such a fun day!
Michael, Shane's step dad was able to join us and a cute couple who are our neighbors and who are expecting their first child.

Our next grad is Scott, my brother in law. We are so proud of him as well. He got his MBA at Western University. I can't believe 2 years flew by. Now he is a proud daddy of two kids. Imagine that, little kids and having to study for two years. Also pretty amazing. To celebrate they had their own BBQ with yummy food and desert at a park (they were so lucky to have a nice, warm day). We love visiting them and the beautiful place that is Bellingham. Later on we went on a nice walk and let the kids play.
Here he is with new baby Zeke.
I was able so snap a few pictures of new cute baby Zeke and Dacian. My son was so in love with him and was curious about him and wanted to hold him a lot and even share with him some lollipop. Of course we made sure he had none. :)

And last but not least my own brother is graduating in a month from BYU with his masters in Spanish and has been accepted to go to University of Kentucky for his PhD. He also had another baby while studying there. Chris, send me some pics so I can add one of you and your cute babies.

I am inspired by all their examples and hard work and hope some day soon  I too can go finish my degree. Love you all.

7 comments:

Cristina Karekar said...

Ce post super frumos, Madi!!!! Felicitari pentru taticul si fratiorul tai minunati si toti ceilalti graduates din familie! Foarte impresionant si cu atat mai mult de felicitat, taticul tau!!!! Va pupam pe toti! Congratulations!!!!

Ioana said...

BRAVO! Pentru toti, dar mai ales tatal tau!

Candice said...

Your dad is so talented and kind. I hope he's able to get a job soon. Congratulations George!

Livia said...

Felicitari tuturor!Dar inspecial tatal lui tau. El este o inspiratie si pentru mine. Eu inca mai am 1 sau 2 ani de facultate depinde cat de multe clase i-au in viitor.

Stanca said...

WOW! Felicitari fratelui Icleanu! :-) Si tuturor celorlalti, dar mai ales lui ;-). Succes in gasirea unei slujbe cat mai curand!

Cristina Karekar said...

Love your new blog banner too!!!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

WOW...how inspiring your dad is! That's amazing! Congrats! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...