Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall and the latest

Mostly because I am tired  of looking at the last post I decided it's time for a new post and some pictures. I took Dacian out for a fall photo session while Lavinia was napping. It was so gorgeous out, warm and the light was beautiful. I so wish I had friends to visit me so I could show you the beauty of this state. I sometimes feel so friendless. Actually I am pretty friendless. Why is it so hard to make friends? I tend to think it's because we've made life so busy for ourselves there's no time for just hanging out, there's always so much on our to do list. And friendships fall lower on the list. Then I think maybe there's something wrong with me, that I'm just too boring so maybe that's it. I guess I like not to think about that too much. I tend to get depressed quite easily. I have had great days lately however so I  have been quite positive. 
I finished my parenting classes (yay! Loved them but being gone all day until 9pm was a lot harder than I had thought).  We have gone to the fair, gone to the pumkin patch and are almost done sewing the Halloween costumes for the kids. Can't wait to show you the costumes when they are done. If only my kids will pose pretty for me. Lately I've had a heck of a time with one little girl who could care less about mommy trying to capture her cuteness on camera. 
Today it was Shane's birthday and even though he got a very nice (pricey gift) and thought about just keeping it in the family I decided that 35 is a pretty special birthday and he deserved to be with family and friends. So totally last minute I invited fiends and family to Red robin. I love that place. I also got his a cake at Hoffman's (remember the cake he got me last year? Same place) that was so delicious and brought it with us to Red Robin. They brought it out for us and sang and embarrassed Shane a little. It was a fun night. 
The kids were super hyper and that was before desert. I am sure glad they are a kid friendly place. My son has the energy of a whole crowd. It must be that he's a boy. 
Anyway, we love you daddy, hope it was a great day. (Sadly I had no memory cards in the camera. I do have to say I have a hard time taking good pictures inside without a good flash or a tripod so I probably would've ended up with a bunch of blurry pictures anyway. 

This is the view I get in the morning when I leave our neighborhood to go to work. I can't get enough of it. I am sure glad I went to take the photo because just today I saw so many of the leaves fallen out already. Fall comes very quickly around these parts but I can't complain, we've had a beautiful one. I really don't want it to end. 
 Totally SOOC. Love the colors.
 I like this one of my son. Finally I like that he's ditching his cheesy smile. He's so cute, isn't he?
 Just around the corner from us. I loved how that light was just perfect falling on those trees giving them that  wonderful golden light.
Anyone else love fall as much as I do?I know at least one person who is 100% agreeing with me right now. :)

8 comments:

Ioana said...

Si mie imi place toamna foarte mult! Pozele sunt superbe, Madi! Ce culori!
Si la multi ani lui Shane! Si noua ne place Red Robin! Yum!:)

Cristina Karekar said...

La Multi Ani lui Shane! Happy Birthday to Shane! Great celebration, Maddy! You're such a great wife!!! :) And the pictures are just lovely, beautiful WA state! You are so right about making friends, with our busy lives they do fall at the bottom of the list, as friends need time... Te pup, great post!!

Jessica said...

Those are some amazing colors! Nice photographs too!

Holly Wilcox said...

It's me!! Haha
I love those pictures. Thanks for posting them.
There is definitely nothing wrong with you! I think that you are busy. When you work during the day, it's not as easy to strengthen connections you might have with other moms. Because really, that is the only time to do it. Evenings and weekends are so busy with family activities. I think you should get a girls group together (either with ladies from work or church) and meet once a month to do something special. Maybe go out or just visit and eat snacks at someone's house. You'll probably be surprised that you aren't the only one who feels that way.
Love you!! Wish we were neighbors. :)

Jana said...

Beautiful photos!
And I'd love to be one of the "girls from work" that meets up once a month or so!!! Especially since you and me both (along with a few others) rarely get to eat lunch and enjoy down time with anyone else at work - it does feel lonely.

Maddy S said...

Thanks for all the comments. Jessica I wish you lived close to me to give me photography tips. You take beautiful photos! I am falling in love with photography. Jana, I agree about our club (thanks for the idea Holly)and you are a great photographer and you do live close, we should get together and practice one day. We can talk more about it at work.

Stanca said...

Great post Madi! La multi ani lui Shane! Hey, there's nothing wrong with you and you're not boring; you're a great friend even to people who are far away. :-) But I totally undersand how you feel; I've felt like that myself many times...
Te pup, ai grija de tine si de familia ta frumoasa!

real? said...

Madi, Come and visit us! I so want to share the leaves here too. Of course, Cris and I have been enjoying them, but we would love to take you guys around sometime. Maybe someday we will live closer to each other. -heidi i.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...