Saturday, February 12, 2011

Excited

I can't stand the wait until we leave for NY. My parents were so sweet and nice to watch our kids for us and will stay at our house while we are gone. We have a few more days until we go to one of my favorite cities. I can't wait to see our good friends and also just being there walking around in this huge city, seeing lots and lots of people on foot. Coming from a pretty big city myself (Bucharest-the capital of Romania) I was used to living in a small apartment, we never owned a car, we walked two miles to the market to get our fresh fruit and veggies and lots and lots of people were on foot since most people in Romania lived in the same boat as we did.
So even though I live in a big city now Seattle is so very different from NYC. Sure if we lived in downtown Seattle we would get the feel of  NYC but you get outside of Seattle a bit and it all changes. (I do like where we live and actually I wouldn't want to live downtown but I do wish that we had better transportation here.) If buses would come every 10 min or so and if they would take you where you want to go before you exchange another 4 buses then I wouldn't even need a car.
Anyway, I have already begun daydreaming of what I would do when I get there, all the fun shops, seeing all the different people, and all the yummy bakeries and meat shops. So many of them that it's overwhelming.
You see big apple is the first place I set my foot down when I came to the US. I was just fresh out of high school and on my way to school in UT I stopped in NY for 10 days to see our good family friends who moved to NY years earlier. They were so sweet and were the perfect hosts and guides to their new beautiful city.
Well, this will be my third time in NY and Shane's first. I have wanted to go back for a long time now and of course I can't wait to show Shane all the fun places. And best of all will be that we are going without the kids. Wait! Did I just admit to that? Actually it took me about a month to stop feeling guilty about this one but we've never left them alone before and I know they are in good hands. Also I know that if they came they wouldn't remember the trip and well we just couldn't do as much running around. Lavi would need her naps, they would get cold, hungry, and whiny. Eventually I hope that we do get to go back here once the kids are older.  And so I am just left with excitement for now and I pray that we have safe travels and lots of fun and that we return to our preciouses who would have had lots of fun with grandma and grandpa.
Also I can't wait to take lots of pictures. And I know this is not the best time to visit NY and probably it will be cold but I am excited to get away with hubby and cold or not it's a beautiful city and I am sure we'll both have lots of fun. Ta ta for now. :)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so exciting! NY does have that European feeling, because of the closeness of everything. What you said about the bus coming, and 4 other buses, made me smile, because that's exactly what I did the other day.

Ioana said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I've only seen the inside of the JFK airport... I soooo want to see the big New York one day! Have lots of fun and take many many pictures. I'm so excited to hear all about it when you come back! Te pup!

Livia said...

How fun!!!Ce norocosi sunteti sa puteti sa mergeti doar voi doi. Va urez un timp super plin de distractii si veseleie:)

Holly Wilcox said...

Your kids will be perfectly happy without you for a short while.
That's so exciting you have the opportunity to go.
I loved central park, walking down that main street where all the signs are and the broadway signs... it that Times Square??
We also ate a Carnegie Deli- very NY.
I asked the lady what comes on the hotdog, because I was ordering it for Elanor and she yelled at me in her NY accent, What da ya mean what comes on it? It's a hot dog!!

Statue of Liberty was cool and we loved the Jersey Shore for a 1/2 day trip.

Have fun!! When are you going?

P.S.
Elanor saw that new feature "you might like" and it had our picture on it and she said, "Mom! Look! You are famous!"

Cristina Karekar said...

Super, distractie placuta! Sa faci multe poze! Cat stati? Ce vacanta frumoasa si doar voi doi! Nu am fost niciodata acolo dar sper sa ajung intr-o zi! :)

Dahlee J said...

Oh yeah. I'm sure you'll have fun too. I absolutely love NY and can't wait t see pictures. Distractie placuta!
PS: Just for fun... I think the snowman in your picture looks like fratele Icleanu. Ha ha ha! Glumesc doar ca are fata asa blanda ca el. :) Sper ca daca citeste asta sa nu se supere. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...