Friday, February 4, 2011

Go, Dog. Go!

Yesterday night I took Dacian to this play. It was so fun to go with him. Since Dacian can read that book cover to cover and since he really loves it I couldn't wait to take him to a professional theater that was playing this story. His first play was a school play that was cute but being in the school gym and him being a kid he couldn't see much or hear all that well since the seating was all on one level and even in my lap he couldn't see because of the person in front of us.
This was my first time of course at Seattle's Children's Theater and I was impressed that the seating was so close to the stage. Of course the set was great, costumes and good actors made for a great play. They even had a live accordion player. He was a hoot! The play stayed really close to the book which of course is smart with a preschool audience.
Now I caught the bug, I want to go see Cinderella at the ballet and Barber of Seville at the Opera. Too bad they are all so expensive. Even this one was pricey except I had a coupon for buy one get one off and being on a Thursday the show was even cheaper so it wasn't too bad. (No fiasco trip this time. Yay, us)
 I carpooled with a friend and her cute son who is also D's age. They had a lot of fun running around and getting dinner before the show.
I loved seeing Dacian's face and his eyes as big as saucers when the play started. I pretty much think his mouth was open too but I think that has more to do with the fact he probably has another sinus infection and can't breathe real well. He was cute!
 The actors were so funny and they were interacting with the kids throughout the show. At one point while the dogs were playing baseball the big beach baseball came all over in the audience and the kids got to touch the ball and throw it back to the actors.

Otherwise not much is new with us. The weather is sucky of course, rainy but thankfully not too cold. Work has been pretty hectic lately and I come home so tired I don't have much energy for anything so not much is new on my blog. Oh, I did do something fun though. I went to King's speech with mom and I just loved that movie. I want to see it again.

TGIF! I think I'm gonna hit the sack even though it's not even 9:30pm.

4 comments:

Livia said...

Ce frumos ca l-ai dus pe Dacian la teatru:) Si aiceea unele piese de teatru sunt foarte scumpe. Dar merita---eu iubesc toate artele si vreau ca copii mei sa aiba aceleasi sanse sa fie inconjurati de arta in teatru, pictura, film, balet, sculptura, musica etc...

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea Maddy! I'm glad you do such fun things with your kids all the time.

Cristina Karekar said...

Ce frumos, si noua ne place la nebunie sa mergem la teatru pt copiii, concerte, etc. Te pup!

Ioana said...

Cat de marfa ca ai reusit sa-l duci la teatru!!! Si mie mi-ar placea sa ma duc mult mai des. Candva...:)
ps: sper ca ai reusit sa te odihnesti putin mai bine aseara si ca ai mai multa energie azi! Pupici!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...