Saturday, August 27, 2011

Endlessly entertained... or not



‎"You are here on earth for a divine purpose. It is not to be endlessly entertained or to be constantly in full pursuit of pleasure. You are here to be tried, to prove yourself so that you can receive the additional blessings God has for you"
(Richard G. Scott)



When you put it this way I might even stop complaining and comparing myself to others. Sure, I can strive to be better but if I am not endlessly entertained I will be OK. Everyone has trials and if not now they will come surely later. 


I totally am working on enjoying my life the way it is, and even though it could totally improve in many ways it can also get worse, much, much worse. I hope to pass the tests that come my way and learn to be a better person through it all. 

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great spiritual thought! I also struggle with comparing myself to others. Counting our blessings can definitely help overcome that

Cristina Karekar said...

Great post, Maddy. ALthough sometimes it gets old, I came to find for myself that this life is not about entertainment, to me it feels a lot like a long work shift but hey, we do get a break here and there and wouldn't have it any other way. Our joys and trials are OURS and OURS ONLY for a purpose, and for sure everyone has them. Te pup!

Stanca said...

Foarte bine spus Madi! Thanks for sharing! :) Pupici multi!!!

Ioana said...

Awesome post, Madi! LOVE the quote! Thanks for sharing. It's easy to forget sometimes why we're here and compare ourselves to others. Pupici!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...