Sunday, December 18, 2011

St. Nick's

On December 6th St. Nick (Mos Nicolae) came by our house and brought the kids and us a few treats with the once much anticipated  bananas and oranges. When I was little oranges were a hot item and bananas even more so. I remember waiting in never ending lines for those things when I was about seven or so. Because we imported them we only got them around Christmas time. Not that waiting in line was a foreign concept at all. That's what we did for any type of food, from bread, milk, not to mention anorexic chicken and any kind of meat. That was back then though, much has thankfully changed.

Anyway, the kids had a blast in the morning. I decided that I am going to replace stockings at Christmas for St. Nicks. It's about the same thing and I have no mantle to hold my stockings. I just don't want to pay twice for things. Growing up we never had stockings so I guess if I start now my kids won't know the difference.

Here are a few blurry pictures. :)

My dad put his stick in his own shoes. Funny but he was most definitely not naughty. 

2 comments:

Cristina Karekar said...

Cute!!! :) Nice tradition, I just have to be better about remembering on time to get the goodies! :) Stockings always get filled with one or two items at the very max from the "presents" pool designated to that person, I never buy specific "stocking stuffers." :)

Cristian said...

What a wonderfully great tradition. We have to start doing it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...