Monday, November 28, 2011

Birthdays and Thanksgiving 2011

Seems like so much has happened since I've written.

I had a birthday and two days later Lavinia had a birthday. She's now 3 and proud of it!

We took the kids to Disney on Ice, Toy Story 3 on her b-day weekend and both kids just loved the show. I did too. I'd never been and now I might go every year I liked it so much.


I was spoiled like always, friends and family called, FB wishes galore and my sweet husband took me out to dinner to a nice fish grill place that was amazing. It was good to go out together for a little bit. On top of my family pics gift Shane got an external flash. I was excited to use it inside the house where I seem to have such problems with our dark house, dark Seattle days, etc. Wow, there is a lot to learn on it and even though I prefer natural light this gift surely comes in handy. Unfortunately the flash stopped working so now I need to return it. It wasn't very expensive thankfully. Ugh!

We had a little party (or what I thought would be little) for Lavinia. I always feel like I run around like crazy and stress.  I invited mostly invite family and the only kids that did come were Lavi's cousins and one good friend of Dacian. We wanted to mostly have fun decorating a cake and so we did. Mom made the cake. I made the frosting and decorated it.

It was a little funny how big it turned out but mom kept making layers because Barbies are so tall. It was delicious like always though. (it looks more like Marie Antoinette or Barbie just has a lot of junk in her trunk for once)

Thanksgiving was the next big thing. We ended up with a pretty quiet but wonderful day. The in laws were supposed to come and other family members but things didn't work out for them. (I convinced my mother in law who came in town the next day to go out shopping with me. She lives close to the outlet malls and I wanted to buy some Christmas gifts. We has such a fun time. She loves to shop and that makes it more fun for me. The outlet malls had great sales but they mostly had clothes, shoes, perfume, etc. Not one toy store. So we headed to Walmart, Target and Toys R us after making our trip always 12 hours. Crazy, I tell ya and I'm not done yet. I am very thankful for Shane for giving me the day off. Shopping kids free is such a treat! )

We ate delicious food and Shane told the kids about the first Thanksgiving and then we each took a turn talking about what we are thankful for. Finally the turkey was the way a turkey should be and I made my new favorite recipe for green beans. I found the recipe online for Bucca di Beppo lemon green beans.

I love my family so very much and am grateful for so much. I just hope I learn to show it more.

We made a fun Thankful tree and decorated Tom the Turkey for crafts. Dacian is an avid crafter and always wants to make more crafts. I can't keep up with all the stuff he does around the house. Cutting, taping, gluing, coloring, writing, making anything and everything. I love it because we stopped buying so many toys and so he gets creative and makes his own paper stuff. I need to take pictures of the stuff he makes. It's so cute! Shields, swords, cars, rockets, all the boy stuff.

Lavinia likes it too but she tends to just draw on whatever, furniture included. Not so cool with us.
She also likes to cook with me and mix stuff for me.

I know I don't do as much stuff as I want to do but I hope however little it is that I do do will be fun and worthwhile for them.

I have been doing great with limiting internet lately and so much can get accomplished that way. I am not near where I want to be still but getting better. I feel more positive too. Good things!

What else? We've been sick and things aren't super bad but not improving or getting better all the way and a new sickness begins. Dacian had to go to Urgent Care right before Thanksgiving with an ear infection. Now he feels much better.

We also are super grateful to cousin Kim for getting us free tickets to the dress rehearsal show for Cinderella this past Friday. It was fantastic. Just Dacian and mom and I went (4 and up) It was super duper amazing, and D liked the fireworks they had the best. If you can, do go and see this show.


On another note of course now we're thinking about our next holiday.

Dacian already made his list for Santa. He's so funny. He told me that because he's turning 6 next year Santa will bring him six things. Then he says: "6+6=12" Okay, good adding boy, is what I'm thinking. Then he told me that he gets 12 presents, 6 from Santa and 6 from us. Ha! Ha! This boy knows how to get what he wants.
We warned him that these are suggestions for Santa and not a guarantee and that also he needs to keep up his room and of course that Santa is always watching.

I'll take a pic of his list. It's so funny!

I think these are my latest news. Hope all my friends are doing great!

Helping me wash the green beans. 
My little "butterfly" Pil Pal Ah Wich Ya-her Indian name
Peek A Boo. The box ended up being a "refrigerator" 
Playing in the rain 
Birthday princess with cousins
The girls didn't want to have anything to do with boys. I think Dacian was a little sad. 
Here comes the cake
I can't wait to decorate our next cake. I had a blast doing something new. 

Look at our adorable niece. Her expression is so cute!




She hasn't stopped wearing this outfit from cousins, Lily and Zeke. Thank you so much guys!
Full of hugs and thanks.

Her BFF, Taylor brought her a beloved Dora. Thank you so much!

We played a little game of Minute to Win it. 


Tom the Turkey-We put lots of fabric on it. :)


My best friend from Romania sent my kids these adorable folk costumes for the kids plus many other things. So adorable!

I have a thing for hats and I couldn't not buy this one when I saw it! 


I made these shirts last year. I forget the internet link, sorry. Easy and so cute.


3 comments:

Ioana said...

La multi ani si tie si Laviniei!!!! Ce frumos!!! Si tortul a iesit tare frumos! Am ras de n-am mai putut cu numarul de cadouri a lui Dacian! Ce smecher!:) Copiii tai sunt tare frumosi, Madi! Te pup!

Stanca said...

Super cute! I love your kids! :)

Cristina Karekar said...

Foarte frumos postul! Lavi si Daci sunt asa de scumpi! Ce frumos s-au distrat la ziua lui Lavi! Si ea ce printesa/zana frumoasa este! Love those cute turkey shirts (I'm yet to make one for Ella! lol :)) Pupici!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...