Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Family Picture Adventure

Today was a fun day and relaxing too which isn't the normal it seems for most Saturdays.

We had our family photos taken. This is something I requested for a gift for my birthday. Shane doesn't like to get his photo taken so I have to use an excuse like my b-day to get him to do it. He was sweet and complied.
I can't wait to see the pictures.

I can't believe how much I worked to get the right outfits. It started with last Saturday when we went to the outlet mall to get our outfits. Well, it got really cold and the outfits we had bought were for indoors photos so I started stressing realizing my girl would never put up with being cold, wearing just a shirt and skirt. So I started to panic that we didn't have anything cool to wear. I think I have been going a little crazy over this.
You should see my living room.

You should've seen me laying out all the outfits, pairing, changing, getting excited, or not so excited at times.
I think I went shopping three more times. Suffice it to say Io have a lot of stuff to take back, stuff'that I changed my mind about. I managed to use our coats that we already had to match and only had to buy two things.

We met at a park nearby. I was excited to see how photographers do it, what they say to you, etc. It was a fun experience and I really liked our gal. She's the daughter of a cool teacher at my school. I would be so nervous being in her shoes. I wonder if they get butterflies doing what they do. I mean you are meeting strangers and going to stick a lens in their faces and have to manage to get photos that are as if you weren't really there, that capture the moments. Fun stuff!

Lavinia got a stomach ache right before leaving and was GRUMPY! My luck! She is pretty shy with strangers nowadays and it took her a while to warm up. The photographer had the fun idea to let her push a button on the camera and that did it for her. After that she warmed up some. I think we may have gotten a few smiles.
We did a mini photo shoot that was only 30 minutes. Perfect amount for our kids.
Dacian did great and was anticipating today's event for quite a while. He was his chatty self.

After we were done we rented a movie and had the best time at home. Lavinia slept a lot so I hope she'll be getting better soon. We've had the stomach flu around here and I am hoping to be done with sickness. Enough is enough.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings.

Can't wait to show you all our pictures whenever I get them. I'm so curious and excited.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Those slow days are the best! I've done family photography, and still dont' feel completely comfortable talking to people I don't really know. I'd love to spend some time with another photographer to get ideas

Maddy S said...

This was my first time meeting her and from what I understand she has just started her business. She got into photography by being an assistant to a photographer friend. I want to be an assistant too. I bet I could learn a lot from that.

Ioana said...

I'm sure the pics will come out GREAT! Can't wait to see! And yeas, pics with kids... quite and adventure (but a worthy one:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...