Sunday, January 15, 2012

First snow of the year

Yes, I LOVE the snow, especially the first snow of the season. Everything is so pretty in white. It snowed a little yesterday but a TON today. Lavinia and I were sick and skipped churchbut it ended up being canceled anyway after Sacrament. Later on though I got us all dressed really well and we headed out. We went sledding, and then came back home to build a fort and then made an enormous snow ball. It was a fun day. Food tasted so good after the work out outside. It's supposed to snow more in the next few days as well. And good thing we have tomorrow off. What a blessing! I love three day weekends.

I want to go skiing so badly but that is just so pricey. I also want my kids to take lessons to ski but maybe I will when they are a little bit older. I learned from my parents. I never took lessons so I am not a pro and my style isn't amazing or anything but I LOVE it nonetheless. I can't imagine life without mountains and snow.


Friday Snow- Little snowman
The next day-Future snowman-Look at the size!


Going sledding




Yum!




Fort Building

The end result


7 comments:

Jessica said...

that looks like a LOT of fun. I hope some of that snow comes our way!

Cristina Karekar said...

So glad you got out and enjoyed the snow!!! the pictures are awesome, esp. Lavi's trying to catch the snowflakes!!! You look great too! And that fort was serious business!!! Lots of hugs and kisses and enjoy your off day tomorrow. I'm so happy Ella gets to stay home! :)

Holly Wilcox said...

So cool!! Such great pictures.

Candice said...

I hope you get feeling better soon. I'm glad you were still able to get out and enjoy the snow. Your fort looks really cool!

Ioana said...

The pics are awesome!!! I'm so glad you got to have so much fun! I too LOVE mountains and snow! They make life better and happier!:)

Maria said...

Ce frumos, Maddy! Mi-ai facut pofta de zapada:) La noi e foarte frig dar nu a nins inca. Am uitat sa-ti spun ca pozele din postul anterior sunt extraordinare. Sunteti niste frumosi cu totii.

Michelle said...

You guys really did enjoy it! Your photos are so fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...