Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fun Saturday

To celebrate a wonderful first report card for Dacian we went out to Seattle yesterday. It was a splendid day. I forgot my camera and at times I was missing it but mostly I liked not having to miss out on living the moments only to be sure they get captured on camera.

We ate at a Bolivian restaurant. The kids and we like to try new foods all the time. The food was delicious and we had a beautiful view of the Puget Sound, mountains, and the bright sky from where we ate. It was right at Pike Market downtown Seattle. Then we went down to the Pier and walked around, let the kids run, went on the carousel and then finished the day by going to Gameworks and playing all the games and eating once again. We took the bus into the city so we got home pretty late.

Also in the morning (Sat) I had my first exercise class, Zumba. Wow, that was a full hour of interrupted movement/dancing. I loved it and can't wait to go back. I got this pass for 3 months at a community center and they offer every day am and pm classes. I think I definitely overdid it with not having had a good work out in a long time and now I can barely move and I'm sore in my back muscles but the fact that it's like a dance class surely helps. The fact that I will go with a few friends from work and get out of the house as opposed to going to the gym by myself or paying the big fees they ask for surely helps.

I am going to try all their classes and see which ones I like best. No spinning class and I really could care less about that one. I did a similar thing a while back when I went to a spinning class all out of shape and felt so out of place being so slow and just plain awful that I swore I would never return. The people there were big into it and you could tell they probably go on biking tours/contest all the time. Well, not so much with this class. People of all ages and abilities were there. And even though this was hard for a person out of shape like me I was able to keep up the whole time. I hope I can stick with this. I keep trying to find ways to incorporate exercise in my life only to fail again and again. I need something to mask the exercise and dance or swimming are my favorite things, oh and playing a sports in general.

I hope that with time by going to these classes I will gain strength and excitement for something that to be honest is not my favorite thing to do. But health is important and losing some weight along with being healthier would be great.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend. Lots of sun, warmth and a change of routine. It was as though spring was pushing winter out of the way. There were so many people out. I loved seeing people happy, out and about with their families doing about the same thing we did, enjoying life. A part of photography that I love is that I seem to be more attentive to details in general, I tend to see more than I used to and now even on days when I forget the camera I can take in the beautify of life, drink up and store happiness in my mind instead on just paper.

And now I must head to bed. Last week was so full and pretty stressful and I hope this coming one will be somewhat easier. I can't wait for mid-winter break.

4 comments:

Candice said...

That sounds like a wonderful day. I'm glad the weather cooperating, and you were able to enjoy the time with your family.

Cristina Karekar said...

Fun weekend, indeed!! So glad you enjoyed hanging out with your cute cute family, and got to exercise too! Pupici si mult spor si in continuare! O data ce te apuci si te dedici, vei fi foarte multumita cu rezultatele! Have a great week!!! :) xoxoxo

Ioana said...

What an awesome weekend! Zumba is one of my favorite exercises because there's always something different. :-)

Jessica said...

Last year I really got into Zumba too. It turned "exercise" into fun. Instead of dreading to go to the gym, I looked forward to the next class. And doing it with friends is even better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...