Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lavinia is 1! Happy Birthday!

My sweet little baby,Lavinia Ariel Sanders aka Stinky, Chewbacca, Lav, Lavi is 1 today.

I tried to post important pictures from every month of her life. We celebrated her every month with a cake. For some reason I can't find the number 8 cake. Number 7 is in my parents' pics so I have to get those and I hope they have number 8 as well.
Lavinia has been an excellent baby pretty much from the get go. She wasn't very fussy as a newborn, slept a lot, never spit up which (I thought was weird) and was very easy going. Around 3 months she started being chatty. At that point she was sleeping thru the night. She slept like that until she outgrew her bassinet and we brought her in bed with us. After that she started waking up to nurse more. Fine with me. I mean I wished I could sleep like before but it wasn't such an annoyance. We cuddled and that was fun. When my parents moved out in July their room became hers. I got it all painted and girly and moved the crib in there. From the first night I put her in there (7mo) she slept through the night. I was amazed as I was prepared for some major drama but thankfully I didn't have to worry about her. She took and still takes naps in her car seat. She loves that thing for naps and is still so little that I think she will be in there until 2.

She crawled really early; earlier than Dacian at 5 1/2 months and was walking right on her 10th month. She is not as easy going now as she has a velociraptor (sp) scream. Both my kids I guess are screamers. I don't know what to do but I know it gets better as they start talking.
She can by theway say quite a few words and knows the sounds of many, many animals if you ask her. Her favorite is the lion. She has the cutest roar.
She is normal for height (40%) but underweight (no longer on the charts) . She has never been a good nurser. She ate in a whopping 5 minutes and then was done. I tried to force more down her throat but she let me know in no uncertain terms she was done.
We are very happy to have her in our lives. Dacian loves her to pieces even though he gets upset when she so carelessly bulldozes over his toys.
We love you baby and wish that you will grow strong, faithful, nice, happy and healthy. May the Lord protect you and care for you always.
Love, Mom and Dad
P.S Her b-day party will follow next weekend so I will post more pictures of our fun.

at the pumpkin patch

11 months ( I love this sweater given by the bishop's wife at her shower)






First food (rice cereal-4 mo.)
One of my family's favorite cakes-seriously delicious)

3 months
2 months

The doll might even be bigger than her
Blessing day
One month
Sweet siblings. Dacian seems pleased as punch and look at how attentively Lavinia is looking at her brother.

An attempt at cool pictures. I wish I took these pics at a few days old not 3 weeks old. I really wanted to get the cool sleeping newborn look but she insisted on being awake for the photo shoot. I tried... The only time in her life she was chubby. She was born at 8lbs.

3 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

This is a sweet post. I love all the pictures you have of her and the cakes for every month. She is such a precious girl.

Cristina Karekar said...

Loved your post! Lavinia is the sweet little girl! She's been so nice to you in terms of sleeping, feeding, easy going! :) That's really wonderful! Congratulations on such a precious little angel! Sa iti traisca si sa fie fericita!! Loved all the cake pics! We did the same thing, a cake for every birthday month. You motivated me to maybe post them somewhere, I have all the pics burned on CDs... at least :-)

Livia said...

She is beautiful! Ce binecuvantare in casa voastra sa ai copii frumosi si sanatosi.
Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...