Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sad

On Monday I got terrible news that a friend, this lady I used to work with died in a car accident along with her husband and another couple who was in the car.
I just can't get it out of my head that she is gone. Sadly they were killed because of a drunk driver. Of course the driver walked away only with minor scratches. Four innocent people died because a young kid went behind the wheel after 8 drinks. He even walked away from the scene after the accident but apparently someone saw what happened and convinced him to go back. How is it that so often the bad guys survive and good people die?
Hilda was just such a fun woman, always full of life, very giving. We went to lunch many times. She threw a party for me when I changed jobs. She gave Dacian this monkey that he sleeps with. I always thought of her when I saw this toy and now I will always think of her when I will see it.
She also made the best salsa. She loved her family and her cute granddaughters. I feel so sad for them. Their kids lost both parents just like that. I didn't need this reminder again that life is so fragile. It was also a reminder of how we suddenly lost my father in law two years ago. Incidents like this left me a little scarred if you may; I think of death a lot. Or more likely I fear death a lot or fear my family being taking away from me. I can only pray that won't happen of course but I also try to enjoy those dear to me in the here and now.
May she rest in peace and I pray for her family in this hard time in their lives.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is very sad news Maddy. I'm so sorry to hear that. We will be sure to include the family in our prayers too. It is hard to be reminded how fragile life can be. We can only live our lives a day at a time and hope and pray for the best.

Cristina Karekar said...

So sorry to hear about your friend... May God rest her in peace.

Ioana said...

Ce tragic! E trist cand cineva decide sa conduca beat si afecteaza atatea vieti nevinovate. Imi pare tare rau pentru prietena ta.

Jana said...

I just now read your blog. I am sooo sorry to hear you've been grieving this week :-(
I just found a news article about the "accident" (I am having a really hard time calling it an accident since the driver made the CHOICE to drive while severely impaired - that's not an accident that's an (abhorrent) decision). I am livid! I'm so heart broken for both couple's loved ones. Please take care

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...