Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Exhausted and overwhelmed

I've been so busy lately. The birthday party and the early Thanksgiving, starting in October my life becomes too overwhelming. In October I have my dad and my husband's birthdays, come November I turn 30 and my baby turns 1, so a big deal, mostly big deal my daughter turns 1. Then Thanksgiving only a week or so away. December more chaos. What everybody looks forward to and loves, Christmas, is no longer such a joy to me. I need a vacation, I need to go away, I need a break. I hate how I have all the wishes in the world to buy the perfect gifts for everyone, to mail cards, to have a fun party with good food but all I feel is like I am running out of time.
I do think this year is going to be just our family for Christmas. I look forward to having time off in just a few weeks. Who knows maybe I will even get my good mood back. That would be nice.
And now that I've complained I feel better.

2 comments:

Cristina Karekar said...

I hear you, my dear. I hope things slow down and you can enjoy Christmas with your family. I have given up dreams with party with lots of friends and good food, perfect gifts, etc. just because I feel all these things stress me out. Instead I'm trying to focus more on the simple things (that's how come I simplified my Thanksgiving and we'll have an even more simpler Christmas! :-)) Te inteleg perfect! You're doing great, Maddy!

Ioana said...

Join the club!:) De sarbatori eu vreau doar sa fiu acasa cu Dave si copiii, si sa ne simtim bine impreuna. Te pup!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...