Monday, December 7, 2009

Birthday party, early Thanksgiving and Whistler






Well, I'm not one to post something about an event that took place a while back but I guess I'll make an exception.
I wanted to share with everyone my cute Lavinia who recently had a party for her birthday. We celebrated late so that extended family could be there. Unfortunately some members still didn't make it but we celebrated an early Thanksgiving later that evening so we saw everyone then. It was great to be with family again. It was also nice that everyone made a dish and cooking didn't overwhelm any one of us.
I was pretty stressed out that day as I had to decorate for the party and finish all the food. Mom was finishing up the cake, dad was working and Shane was left in charge or washing and dressing the kids so that left me all by myself scurrying to finish everything in time. I didn't get my balloons like I had planned and my game wasn't played until later that evening but all in all it was good. Also I could breath some after it was over.
The following week I got the chance to go to Whistler with my family and my cousin who was visiting from New York. We were so lucky that my enhanced driver's license came right in time. I don't have a passport anymore so I just got this ID which was cheaper and with it I can go to Canada or Mexico. It was also great that my cousin paid for the hotel for which I am so grateful. She is such a sweet girl. We had one of those nice hotels right next to the gondola. We got there Saturday morning and after I got a babysitter for Lavinia (first time ever and she did great, slept most of the time :)) we went up skiing. I couldn't get enough of it. The snow was great and the resort is HUGE. I guess it's the biggest in North America plus we skied where the Olympics will take place. Double cool. The weather was OK, it snowed pretty much all day and got pretty windy at the end of the day. There were so many runs we would've needed a whole week to ski both mountains. Also dad got to ski first time in US and loved it and had a great time. After skiing Shane made raclette for all of us in our hotel room that had a kitchen and we were all in heaven. Then to the pool with us. What can I say, I get excited just thinking about how great a time we had but also sad it's done and over with.
Anyway, this is what we've been up to. Now if only I can get my list done in time for Christmas. Like I said before so much to do, so little time. I am sure I am among many who feel this way.
Pictures coming soon.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Cristina Karekar said...

Ce frumoase poze!!! Love cute Lavi's and Daci's pics! And the Ladybug cake, yummy! It sounds like you had lots of fun, hope the stress level is going down. Te pup!

Gabi said...

Madi,ce familie frumoasa ai!! Craciun Fericit!

Maddy S said...

Multumesc de complimente. Si voua va urez Craciun fericit si un an nou mai bun ca cel care a trecut.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...