Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas eve and day

We spent Christmas Eve with my family. I really loved the energy and excitement we had there and of course the food. It was a very relaxed and special evening. We were tracking Santa the whole evening on the internet and close to 9pm we left so Santa could make an appearance at our house. My parents spoiled us as usual and we thank them dearly for the presents and all they do for us continually. Love them to pieces. 

I love that we captured Dacian's sweet smiles and pure joy. My dad played Santa (just look at the presents he's holding) I also really love the vest my mom knitted for Dacian. He was delighted to wear it and I was so excited that my son has such a cute thing to wear. My mom put a lot of time into making that. Thanks mommy.
Miss Lavi got the cutest dress in the universe and also a Madeline doll. What a fun evening. I am so glad we opened my parents' presents to us that night and that way the kids paid full attention to those presents and didn't get drowned in too much stuff all at once. 
We hurried home after we ate and opened presents at my mom and dad's house and put the kids to bed. We had a hard time putting Dacian to bed who of course was too excited to sleep. Finally since Santa can only come while kids are sleeping he decided it was time to go to bed. Phew! 
Then the wrapping and the putting together of the bike and the mini kitchen began. I was so tired and still had so much to do. Plus the next morning we invited a family for lunch at 1pm. The little kitchen was a pain to put together if you can believe that and that was a present from my parents but we hid the box at our house. I love how little it is and how I can put it next to my kitchen and the kids can play while I cook. I think it will be used a lot and even though small it will serve its purpose well. :) 

Picture below is taken right after Santa came. It was a fun night wrapping and putting stuff together with Shane, listening to Christmas music, talking and just having fun just the two of us. I love having Christmas at my house, and I love just us in the morning. I am fine with guests later on but there is nothing like waking up in your own home and spending the special moments of Christmas morning all to ourselves. I had the best of both worlds this Christmas. Thankfully I have a job that allows me time off during the Holidays otherwise I don't know how I would manage everything. 
Well this post is getting too long and it's a little late but I will be back with more pictures and more ramblings soon. I feel blessed and I have peace in my heart and I wish you all the best in the new year to come. May all your wishes come true. 
Love, Maddy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys did a great job. I'm glad it all turned out so well for your family. And thanks for having us over afterward too!

Stanca said...

Ce Craciun minunat si ce post frumos Madi! Mama ta e o artista in multe domenii - sa-i spui! :-)
Miss Lavi e adorabila, Daci frumos foc in vestuta lui, iar casa arata superb decorata de Craciun!
Te pup si iti doresc un An Nou cu tone de fericire!

Ioana said...

Ce frumos!!! Mama ta e super talentata! Vestuta e superba!!! Si imi place tare mult rochita lui Lavi!
La multi ani pentru noul an!

Holly said...

Wow!! Santa was good to you!
Your mom can do everything! I love that vest. Dacian looks so cute!

Happy New Year!

Cristina Karekar said...

Ce post frumos si ce bogat a fost Santa! Mamica ta draga este super talentata, multi pupici si urarile noastre! Ma bucur mult ca ai petrecut dimineata de Craciun asa cum iti place tie cel mai mult! Muaa!

Livia said...

Imi place cum fotografiezi momemtele dulci din viata. Cand vad poze care ma fac sa zambesc, atunci stiu ca fotograful a facut o traba grozava:)Bravo si multumesc pentru ca ai impartit aceste momente minunate cu noi toti. Ce Craciun frumos!

Maddy S said...

What sweet friends I have. Thank you for commenting. It always makes my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...