Thursday, December 2, 2010

A post long overdue

This year's celebrations for my birthday and Lavinia's birthday were quite big. Mostly because I decided it's time for a party at our house. This year I got the flu right on my b-day and I was super sick and miserable. Two days later on Lavi's birthday she had a fever as well. So I had a birthday celebration on Sunday and we did get better by then. 
On the day of Lavi's birthday my parents came over to give her a present and also they brought the most delicious dish ever. See the picture that has a two on it? Guess what? It's Brussels sprout with chicken dish and the 2 is made out of sour cream. I was too sick to cook and I am glad they brought this over because it was heavenly. My mom got inspired from some other dish and made this kind of her own. I definitely will try to make this. Shane almost wanted to eat the whole thing himself. Anyway, kind of funny to stick a candle in a not so sweet desert like dish. 
Also here I am taking all these pictures when I realize I only have one candle in instead of two. Silly mommy. Oh well...
After food came the presents. Miss Lav was so excited to open her presents. She got this pretty dress from my parents and was super happy to exchange her totally mismatched pajamas for this princess dress. It was hard to take it off to say the least when it was time for bed. We got her a baby doll and she has been pretty attached to this baby. She has a binkie that attaches to the baby's mouth with magnets. I also love that pretty much first thing she did with that doll was to put her on the potty. Why oh why can't she do the same? Summer come fast please, I cannot wait to get rid of diapers. 
I guess this is the post of collages. I have too many I like or want to post so this is the easier way to go. We had a lovely party and was glad to have Scott, Candice and their family over and also Kim and her family. It was so much fun. We ate good food of course, mom made the butterfly cake which also was delicious and at the end we played some Minute to Win it games. I needed that. Last year being Lavinia's 1st birthday I mostly did something for her but this year I said I wanted to party and not really do a party with kids. I mean who needs a bunch of 2 year olds running around throwing tantrums every other minute? I mean my very own had a couple to embarrass me well. She was a little shocked I think at the number of people at our house.  
So what other way to celebrate that with a family and friends? Thank you all for coming and for the lovely presents. 
Here's another close up of the cake. 
And here's the TWO year old. Enough said! 
My good friend Cristina sent her this cute dress. Look at that delighted face! Thank you so much Cris. She's a much fashionable little girl. 
 And here we are playing our games. I can't wait to do more fun games like these. I liked it that even the kids got to play and had fun. 
Phew! I was dreading posting this because I had so much to say, lots of pics, editing, etc.
Now I have just a few more from Thanksgiving and our recent snow and I am all caught up.

3 comments:

Ioana said...

La multi ani si tie si printesei tale scumpe! Super poze si ce frumos v-ati distrat!:)

Cristina Karekar said...

Ce frumos post, Maddy! Si bravo ca l-ai scris, eu sunt in urma... Ce frumoasa e fetita ta si baietelul si imi pare asa bine ca in ciuda gripei si febrei v-ati distrat bine!! Si ce tort frumos/fluturas ati facut! Va pupam dulce pe toti!

Jessica said...

Good job on the candle pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...