Monday, November 22, 2010

Lavi, our princess

Ha! Lavinia is so funny. She now wants to wear a million outfits a day. She calls herself princess or ballerina and prefers pink. What happened to my girl who liked cars and trucks only and no dolls. Hmmm, apparently a girl will mostly be a girl no matter if she has a brother for a sibling or not. It's cute how serious she is about things and how much she is a typical 2 year old. She just wants the world to work for her. Right now I left her crying in her room after not giving in to changing her yet again. She has since stopped crying but keeps coming out saying: Bad baby, bad baby, and you guessed right, that baby is her mom in her opinion.
I had no idea clothes are that important this early on since with my son that was NEVER a problem. He never even cared what he wore, I didn't have to make him choose from two outfits let's say. Super easy going in that respect. I think I am in for trouble.
Otherwise what else is new? Hmmm, I am still sick. I got sick on my birthday (the yucky, most miserable flu that kept me in bed all day for two days) and now I just got back from the doctors and found out that I have bronchitis and was put on antibiotics. I can't wait until they kick in because I am in pain from all this coughing. I feel terrible having to come to work to infect everyone but there were no subs available today. Plus it snowed and it's always a big deal in Seattle when that happens, schools may be late or closed all together and our fear was they might close the school day at noon or later and I wouldn't be there to help my co worker through it all. Now we are all thinking they might have to close the schools tomorrow since it's really quite dumping out and it's sticking and it's supposed to snow all night long. The problem in Seattle is that we are not super equipped for bad weather (since it's a once a year event most years) and the city is so super hilly and then you have these icy roads with drivers sliding all over the place. Anyway, I love the snow as long as I am home to play in it (or skiing in the mountains) and not have to drive and worry if I might get hit any second by another driver.
So here's to hoping I stay home tomorrow and mostly, mostly just to start getting better. These kids are super wearing me out and they have all this energy that of course only drains mine and I don't have much left in me.
Also with it being cold they are not so excited to go out for a long time and instead have cabin fever. Feel free to give me some ideas on fun things to do that are free. We have played all the games that we have or so I think. Sorry, this is the sick person in me who almost just wants her kids to disappear for a few days so I can get better. I only have so much patience you know. Hats down to all stay at home moms who have to fill out the days with their little kids ALL THE TIME! Not that I don't wish I could be in the same boat most times. :)
Well, that's it for now. More later. I am too lazy and sick to post pictures so I have to postpone for another time.

4 comments:

Ioana said...

Sper sa te simti bine in curand! E greu cand noi, mamele, suntem bolnave, ca tot trebuie sa functionam in mod normal. And there's nothing wrong with watching a few extra movies to keep them busy for a while...:)
Lavi e o scumpica! Si fetele mele au trecut prin faza cu schimbatul la fiecare 2 minute. Stai linistita ca se duce pana la urma.:)
Te pup!

Cristina Karekar said...

Of, imi pare tare rau ca inca esti bolnavioara, o sa te simti bine in curand, antibioticele o sa te ajute! Te inteleg perfect ca esti obosita si trebuie sa faci fata la copii! Sunt de acord cu Ioana, lasa-i sa se uite la TV! :) Te pup si multa multa sanatate. Cu vremea rea e la fel aici in TX, cand avem ice storms sau ninge, totul se inchide, impossible to drive on the highways (so many huge tall bridges every which way), not equipped to scrape snow, drivers not used to driving in the snow, bad combination all together.

Holly Wilcox said...

LOVE the new fall header on your blog. So cool that they are all your pics!

real? said...

so cute! merayla was just like that. in fact, at 2 we just had one "princess" dress that was actually a christmas dress your mom gave her. her favorite thing in the world was for me to put on some classical music and a skirt and make up a dance with her. needless to say, she had to wear that dress every day, or 2 or 3 times a day. haha! i'd say let them invent their fun. maybe get lavi a skirt that she can pull on over her clothes. merayla now dresses herself in the ballerina oufit, finds a wand, hums her own music, and runs around the room talking about the prince and the mean witch. it's hilarious. they are great!!! oliver however, did get one desire to dress from his sister and won't part with this one particular red beaded necklace. funny!
i hope you are feeling better. do they like to color? or cut things out (dacian), do dishes, or help you vacumn? sometimes i nap mine in stages so you have a little one-on-one with each and then you feel like it's a little saner. also, if you make whatever you're doing funnish for them, then it's more of living and playing together than trying to think of ways to entertain them.
we miss you!! i finally posted oliver's birthday so you'll have to check it out. happy thanksgiving!
-heidi and cris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...