Saturday, August 14, 2010

Blue Angels


Last weekend we saw angels. The rain stopped just in time for the show and started back as soon as the show was over. As a tradition Seafair weekend we go to see the Blue Angles. We hear their loud engines starting with Thursday, their practice day and then Dacian can't stop talking about them and about when the day comes to go see them. This Saturday we went earlier than usual to hopefully get a good spot on the bridge (I-90 that goes right over Lake Washington connecting Seattle to the East Side.)  We totally came unprepared, no umbrellas, no rain coat, just sweaters since it was chillier and overcast when we left home. Well as soon as we got to the bridge it starting pouring. At this point I am thinking well are they even going to fly? What a waist of time I'm thinking and found myself grumbling and cursing this area of the world for all its d*** rain. Seriously I will never get used to it. Even summers are not that hot and you still get plenty of rainy weekends. But better get back to my story before I plop a few more curse words on my blog. Ha!
Fortunately the rain gods listened to our prayers and stopped the rain for the show only. Fine by me. I guess the Angels flew lower that day since it was so overcast. It was super awesome of course. I wish it lasted longer. I really, really wished to be in their cabins along with the pilots. The adrenalin, the feelings you must get when flying those things, probably nothing else like it.
 We had a very pleased 4 year old that day and to be honest so were we.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

It's kind of funny to hear you complain about the low temperatures... cause that's exactly what I would LOVE right now. After 3 weeks of over 100 degree weather, I'd love some 70s. So I guess it's all in having some of both :)

Maddy S said...

Every time it rains I say I'm moving to TX, that's it. I really can't stand 7+ months and rain and them more crappy weekends in the summer as well. 100+ would be unbearable though, I bet you would be a lot inside a house in the summer anyway and not outside enjoying life. Here rain, no rain we do go out and play anyway.

Holly Wilcox said...

oh wow!! That is really amazing. You guys are so lucky to see that.
You should really consider moving here- :)

Cristina Karekar said...

TX rocks, what are you talking abt???!!! ;-D
Great pics Maddy! We love Blue Angels, we went and saw them every single year in the 4th of July Airshow at the Offut Airbase in the big O.

Livia said...

Ce misto! Cred ca baietelului meu i-ar fi placut mult acolo:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...