Friday, April 1, 2011

Dacian is 5!

Today. My big boy (sniff, sniff) woke us up proclaiming to the world that he is 5. "Mom, dad, I am 5!" This boy has been waiting so long to be five. I think he has a lot of friends at preschool who are older than him so he just couldn't wait for this day. He was happy all day long and saying over and over that he's now five. So adorable. He's so innocent still and sweet. I love and adore this boy.
He's such a good boy and a sweetie and handsome and of course the best. He's my child, right?
We have had a very fun though very wet spring break. Shane had a few days off starting with Wednesday and he got a hotel downtown Seattle using his awesome Priceline skills and got us a beautiful hotel room for a very cheap price smack dab near Pike Market. We never get to really enjoy Seattle since we live so close and basically don't always do and see all that probably tourists see. We rarely find a spot for parking longer than 2 hours so we took our time for once and had a lot of fun downtown. We found a very delicious Sushi place and had a great meal with the kids. At Pike Market where the employees "fly" the fish from one person to the other across the counter we saw the coach of our Seattle Seahawks and he was so nice to even take a picture with Shane and the kids. I will add pictures soon.
We also found a gum wall. So very gross but kind of fun to photograph. We ended the day with playing games at Gameworks. Dacian was in pure heaven there and luckily Lavinia slept in the stroller the whole time and I could play a lot too. I am not a super huge fan of video games but I liked playing this pirate game and a few other ones.

Thurday we checked out early but left our luggage at the hotel and went and had a very yummy breakfast at a place that was recommended to us by the bell boy. It was great and also very cheap. I like cheap. Eggs benedict are my friends. I was good and stayed away from the potatoes though. I have been doing well eating like a diabetic lately and hope with this new diet and hopefully more exercise I can lose some weight.
After breakfast we hurried and took the bus to the Seattle Pacific Science Center where we met with Scott, Lily and Zeke and saw the Star Wars exhibit and then just pretty much stayed the day at the science center. Dacian was obsessed with the Shadow room and Lavi with the water. Of course D loved all the Star Wars stuff.
We had a fun few days and I hope Dacian will remember that this adventure was a lot for him. We called it his birthday adventure.

Today we opened presents and he was busy all day playing with everything he got. I was busy shopping and planning for his birthday party tomorrow. We are doing a bigger party for his five years party. I decided I will do a bigger party for most major milestones. I was thinking 10 would be the next bigger party but maybe 8 when he gets baptized. I know I'll probably still have a little party with a few friends but nothing this detailed.
We have been working and organizing and planning this for a while now.
Arrrrg!

Can't wait for tomorrow and to post some of the pictures.
I am exhausted after today though. We rented the cabana where my parents live and stayed late to decorate and finish everything tonight, worked on the cake and tomorrow we are doing the final touches.
I just hope we get his friends to come since I totally forgot it's Conference tomorrow.



And now it's time for bed now. Big, busy day tomorrow.

Us at the Star Wars Exhibit
Playing with water
 Pike Place Market-Posing with the famous pig. I have no idea why the concerned face for Lavinia.
 Catching the fish
 Opa! Coach Pete Caroll in back looking right at us.
Here's Pete with Shane and the kids. He was just so sweet to want to take the picture. There were all these people there trying to get him to sign autographs and get pictures with him and he seemed to be nice to all of them. He's a cool coach. 
 Eating yummy gyros and shawormas at Sabra. I love my boys. They just make me happy.
 And a shot with mommy and son. Too bad the picture is yellow. Dacian ate his gyro and then wanted my food as well. Hungry boy.
 At the gum wall. People stick their chewed gum all over the place.
 Gum wall

 Birthday boy
Dacian walked right on the pig prints the whole time.

4 comments:

Cristina Karekar said...

Great pics! Happy Birthday to Daci! It sounds like you guys had a great Spring break and Daci had a great birthday adventure week. And now on to the party! Cant' wait to see the rest of the pics from the party! La multi ani, inca o data!

Holly said...

very fun! Great little vacation! Good job on sticking to good food choices.
There is a gum wall at the beach we go to- it's in the college town San Luis Obisbo.
Looking forward to more pics too.

Ioana said...

La multi ani, Dacian!!! Ce frumos ati sarbatorit. Si eu abia astept sa vad poze de la petrecere. :-)
Cat de marfa ca aveti peste atat de proaspat acolo! :-) Si chiar ca e gross cu gum wall... yuck.:-)

Stanca said...

Ce frumos v-ati distrat!! What a cool market and what a cool gum wall! :-))
Abia astept poze de la petrecere!
Inca o data La Multi Ani lui Daci!
Pupici!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...