Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring

I think spring is here to stay. I hope I didn't jinx it. Today Shane got me a new lens. He got it used for a good price. I decided I am OK keeping my Olympus and really I realize it's not a bad camera at all. I just needed a better lens than the kit one. So I played a little with aperture today and here are some of my shots. It's amazing to me how much more light a wide aperture can bring and with my older lens I just didn't have that option. I guess now I know the difference. I will keep practicing this summer and I am excited for the rain and dark days to go away and for me to get some fun shots of my kids. Hopefully. 
 My dog, Tom Tom. I think this is one of the best pics of him, mostly because I can really see his hair and nose and not like before where all you could see was just this black spot. He really needs a haircut but I love him anyway.
 Aren't these flowers so pretty? We have them all over our neighborhood.
 Peach Tree blossom.
 The wind started picking up and it was hard to get a real clear shot. I like it anyway though.
Which ones are your favorites, if any? 
Thank you sweet Shane for my new unbirthday gift. I love you!

8 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

Love the first one b/c of the blurred blossoms in the background look so pretty against the in focus ones.
What a great gift!! Such a difference a good lens can make.

Holly Wilcox said...

p.s.
your dog is adorable!

Ioana said...

How nice of Shane to give you that lens! I like all of them! I think they came out great!:)

Stanca said...

Great pics Madi! I like them all, but if you want me to pick a favorite, I'd say the "peach tree blossom" (5th picture)! :) Great job my dear photographer! ;-)

Unknown said...

I like the peach tree blossom pic the best. What a great gift!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

Those are great! I like them all, too but I think I like the top one the best. You and me. Spring photography jaunts. Let's do it!!!

(apparently I was logged in as my daughter :-) so I've deleted and reposted as myself)
Jana

Cristina Karekar said...

Great pics, Maddy! Love photography too, congrats on the new lens! :) Te pup!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...