Wednesday, March 9, 2011

NYC-Part 3

Well, our third day was so much fun. We headed to Walt Whitman's birth place and house which is now a museum in Long Island. The house was adorable, all build by hand by his dad. There were lots of families living in this house. I loved seeing this cute and quite adorable house. The dad had built huge windows and I loved all the light that was in this tiny house. Apparently houses had small windows back then.
From there we went another 40 minutes to Vanderbilt mansion. This guy was so rich, had several buildings all super spread out, so much land all overlooking a body of water but I forget the name. He had a passion for hunting and all things nature and life. I felt like the whole mansion was a natural history museum. The architecture was made in the Spanish style. Very pretty. It was super cold out so it was nice that we were mostly inside.
Once back in the city we went to see the Stock Exchange Building, Trinity Church and then dinner in Little Italy.
Walt Whitman
His birth place/house

From inside the house
Gogu took this picture of me and I love it. 
Vanderbilt Mansion
Vedeti pupaza? 
New York Stock Exchange Building
Trinity Church
George Washington Statue
This is how I looked most of my trip. Funny! Courtesy of Gogu
Wall Street and Financial District and Trinity Church
This is taken later in Little Italy after a whole frustrating ride over there where we couldn't find parking. We also stayed in line quite a while to get our seats and then some more to get our food, but let me tell you, this was the best Italian food bar none. Gina said it was comparable with what she had in Italy or Spain. Yum! Excuse the blurry pic but I have the hardest time taking pictures in low light. Hmmm...
Aren't our friends so cute and sweet. It was so fun to hang out with them. Miss them already. 
Are you bored of my adventures yet? I have 3 more days still to come. Oh well, it's for us mostly so I don't forget all the details of this wonderful trip. 

2 comments:

Ioana said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I've never been there (except in the airport:) and I don't know if I'll ever get there. So I can enjoy it through you now!:) It's sooooo awesome!

Cristina Karekar said...

Great adventures, Maddy! Thanks for sharing! Love the pics, especially the Trinity Church and Stock Exchange! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...