Tuesday, March 8, 2011

NYC-Part 2


I suppose I should continue about my NY trip.
Our second day there, Friday, was the busiest of all the days I think. We left the house around 11am after another yummy breakfast and took the metro straight to Brooklyn Bridge. This day was also our warmest. I think it was about 65F and I had to take my jacket off. I loved walking on the bridge to Brooklyn and then we went down on a pier and had some very delicious ice cream.
After that we walked back on the bridge back to NY and then we decided this would be the day to go see the Statue of Liberty. I am glad we did since the winter did indeed show her ugly teeth a day or two later.
We arrived too late to go see Ellis Island though but that's OK, it was still beautiful. We stayed there until they closed and had to kick us out. I loved being there again and seeing the statue is always pretty impressive.
Back in lower Manhattan we saw the Merryl Lynch Bull and then the World Trade Center and from there we took the subway to Canal St in Chinatown. It was fun to see all the shops with all the cheap knock offs but it was pretty filthy. We were starving so we stopped to get some dumplings which were very good but the second dish we ordered was very mediocre. A street further and we were in Little Italy. Being Friday night and being so warm people were mostly eating out. We passed by this lady who had ordered a half a lobster and that dish looked divine. I was then sorry I ate Chinese food. So we decided that we had to come back here another day with our friends. Little Italy was really fun; the streets were very narrow with cars parked so close together on both sides of the street. The place was smelling divine since most of Little Italy was restaurant next to restaurant, all highly rated.  I loved that the people working there mostly were Italian, spoke Italian or English with a fun accent. I love NY for its diversity. It makes a person like me feel pretty much at home.
From there we went to Times Square and took in all the lively place had to offer. We stopped on the steps   that were looking right at the ball that drops on New Year's. After we rested a bit we went up to see the city at night from the Empire State Building. Now I can pretty much say this was the most beautiful night sight I've ever seen. I think it totally is worth the money. I was worried that maybe we should have gone in the daylight but seeing that view I knew we made the right decision.  The lights were flickering and would go as far as one could see. Right now Empire State is the tallest building in NY and it was fun to be so high up and see around 360 degrees. It got pretty windy up there though and they blocked off part of it.
Anyway, totally recommend going up at night. Also when we went at 12 am there were no lines and I hear they are always long.
By this point we were so tired and my feet were blistered and were just killing me. But being there was so exciting that I had us go to one more place, Rockefeller Center. At 1am there were still people skating. This place is like Vegas and never really sleeps. So after 13 hours of walking we finally went home. Exhausted but happy. See you in Part 3.

Brooklyn Bridge
Down at the pier on Brooklyn where we had the best ice cream
Statue of Liberty
Emigrants statue right by the ferry to Ellis Island. 
The new building to replace the Twin Towers at WTC. It's maybe a third way up. 
Little Italy. Jamon. Hmmm!
Times Square at midnight
Morgan Freeman-Wax Museum
Theater District in Times Square
View from top of Empire Building and Chrysler Building, my favorite
I think that busy road is 5th avenue.
Rockefeller Center 1am

More views from top of Empire
Rockefeller building

4 comments:

Cristina Karekar said...

Love all your pics!!!! You both look great! What a fun filled week you guys had. 13 hrs of walking, well that's something!! Can't wait for part 3! Te pup dulce, muuaa!

Holly Wilcox said...

The night pictures are so cool!
Love the photo of you and Shane on Brooklyn bridge!!

Ioana said...

SUPERB!!!!

Maddy S said...

Thanks guys. I am glad you like the photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...