Sunday, March 6, 2011

The latest

Dacian said the prayer at church today. It was his first time in Primary in the main room. He is such a sweet kid. And I almost burst out laughing when he said "and help us pay for our houses". He says that a lot at home as a result of me saying we have to keep up our house and we have to pay for it and we can't always buy what we want since we have responsibilities. Probably all the people think we can't keep up with our mortgage or something. I told his teacher that I was amused and that we really don't have any problems. She said probably it's because he prays for it. :) He also got a CTR ring today so it's another way I can threaten him for good behavior.

Before I post more about our NY trip I just want to mention my experience at the mall and just our weekend.

We went out to eat on Friday after work to the yummiest Italian restaurant, Maggiano's. They have an amazing deal on food and also they give you a whole dish of choice to take home. It's cheap and it's so good so we treat ourselves to this place once in a while. The eggplant parmigiana and the lasagna are the best of what we've tried so far. Anyway, since the place is right next to the mall we took the kids to the play area to let out some steam. Remember most of winter we are inside the house getting really bad cabin fever.
The kids are so excited when we go there because it means they can run wild, climb and even make friends.
Well, not this time. Not a few minutes go by that I see this kid who was about Dacian's height that he comes and shows Dacian some karate moves. I didn't think much of it at first but then the kid puts Dacian in a choke hold and starts pounding on him. Of course I ran over there to stop this kid. I think Dacian was shocked and just stood there and did't really react, not even try to get out of the situation. I grabbed the kid by the hand to take him to a parent but no parent was in sight. The kid then said to me: "Shut up, stupid" and ran away from me. A mom was sitting next to me and thought her son did something bad to Dacian and brought her son to apologize to Dacian. I told her he didn't do anything to my son and then I saw the mean kid show up and I told her this is who should apologize and asked the boy to apologize for his behavior and hitting other kids as well as my son. He then looked at me with the most evil eye ever and again said: "You stupid trash". I went to look for a parent and I couldn't find anyone. I later saw the mom coming out of the restroom with this brand new newborn. I almost went to say a few words to her but I stopped because I had a feeling she probably talks like that at home and that she would become mean and possibly create a scene herself. My husband was furious and I at that point decided it's best to go. All who know Shane know he's a little hot tempered and very protective of his family and I just didn't want any worse problems so we left. I was disgusted and just appalled at the behavior of this kid. Dacian started crying and seemed more concerned that this boy said a bad word than the hitting. I know he was shocked too.
We don't go often to the mall and sometimes I just roll my eyes at all the rich parents who seem to come parade their kids' clothes more than anything else. I can only imagine the terror this kid will be in school. I feel bad for that baby sister being born in such an awful family or at least having such an awful sibling.
So maybe this is the perfect excuse to not have to go there anymore. Live and learn I guess.

Yesterday we had true fun though. We first said we'd go to the zoo with the kids but then decided going into the mountains would be more fun. We also went with our friend, Taylor which made it even more fun.
 Only 45 minutes away form us there is a a ski resort and snow galore. There is also sledding park. There was plenty of snow, it was rather warm and it was beautiful. We sledded for 3-4 hours, we ate junk food at the back of our truck and my favorite, Nutella on wheat bread and then sledded some more, ate more snacks and then went to Taylor's house. We had a nice meal of fish and shrimp and sweet potato baked fries and veggies I guess trying to compensate for the junk earlier in the day. We then watched some movies and the kids fell asleep. I was pretty tired too but enjoyed watching a movie with the boys. I laughed so hard and I am so glad for Taylor's friendship to us. He's really such a sweet guy who is becoming the best of friend to us and the kids. They just adore him. He plays with them and he's like their big brother. It's nice when others love your kids, isn't it?
And now I am hoping this baby girl goes to bed and I can get a nap because I have a raging headache.

3 comments:

Ioana said...

Wow! What a weekend! And how crazy and sad with that little boy! He probably has a rough environment at home and lacks a lot of love and attention. Sad...
Dacian is soooo sweet!
And I believe that junk food is necessary sometime.:-)

Cristina Karekar said...

So glad you guys had fun in the snow! Sorry for the awful mall experience, I agree with Ioana: it must be the environment he's raised in, very sad and scary. Congratulations for Daci's first time to pray in church (what a cutie!) Ella gave the scripture today (second time since we moved in the ward) and will give the talk next week (second time for her ever!) It's a lot I think but a good challenge. Te pup dulce! Miss you!

Maddy S said...

Thanks for your comments. I think it's so sad how that boy is raised too. I wonder now maybe he's got special needs and behaves that way because of it but he didn't really look like he had problems like that. The mom had a super fancy stroller so I know they are affluent. Anyway, God help them and me so I don't judge too harshly. Dacian gave his first scripture when we were in NY and mom said he did great. He still hasn't given a talk yet. I know he will soon though. They canceled on him a month ago and haven't rescheduled. Love you both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...