Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First day of Kindergarten

The much awaited day came. Dacian went to kindergarten today. They are doing a staggered start so he is going Wed/Fri. Wed is an early release day so in half day kindi that is almost 2 hours. Crazy!

Dad and I took him to the bus with Lavinia in tow. The bus came on time. He was so excited to see the bus coming. He didn't even look at me from the window. Pleased to sit next to a very cute girl. We were the first stop. Then dad and I went home, cleaned a little and then went to school to meet him there. He was already in line looking all adorable. When he saw Lavi he gave her the biggest hug and started to swing her around. She's his little doll and because she's so light it's easy for him to do tricks with her. Everyone was endeared seeing them. It made me happy. His teacher was there in front looking very excited.
We were all allowed to go in the classroom for a little bit. We dropped off the school supplies they are all sharing, paid the $10 fee and then saw the kids get down on the little rug in front of class. The teacher had them all put on their name tags and then did a little game on the smart board. Dacian having experience with them from preschool raised his hand first and went and dragged his favorite jungle animal to the right box. It was so fun. We have those boards in every classroom in our district and they are pretty cool. I just hope they really do make them that much smarter 'cause we sure paid a lot for them. Haha.

After we left the classroom Lavinia started crying. Poor girl, she wanted to stay in school and she was so sad leaving her brother behind. She said she didn't want to go home alone. What's a little sister to do? Thankfully she wasn't without him for a long time.

I was so glad I got to be there for his first day. My boss and my co worker in the office were so nice to let me go. It meant a lot to me.
Everyone asked me if I cried when i got back. Well, I didn't. Since he went to preschool for two years I kind of knew the drill and maybe because I work in a school it's all too familiar. But when I left and with L being so sad I got a little emotional too. The free carefree days are gone. I did my best to keep them carefree I think. But I know the harder part of life starts now. Sure, it will be easy for quite a few more years to come but it will get harder and harder. That is life though and I have to just let go little by little. I have a feeling I will have a hard time with that.

On another note I meant to blog about Dacian's little talk in Primary. This boy is really so outgoing, it's like he's not really mine. I was all nervous for him and I can't believe how happy and excited he was to be able to go in front of everyone and speak. He read his whole talk very well and showed the picture of the missionaries upside down. He was confused why kids were laughing.
When we came home he asked me to write him another speech.
Later that day we were invited to dinner by Shane's mom and step dad and Dacian wanted to perform and read his talk to them. He ate up all the attention. It was like playtime to him. I am going to film him read his talk and post it here. It's too cute.

Well, that's it for tonight. I've had some grueling days at work. I am exhausted but happy. So many of my ideas went by the wayside. I wanted to do this fancy dinner for start of school. Well, that didn't quite happen how I imagined it. Shane, saved the day and grilled and we had a nice meal outside. Dacian was excited and we told him it was special because he started Kindergarten the next day. I need to get my act together and be more organized. Ugh, that's so hard for me. I get overwhelmed quite easily and give up quite quickly as well.






 Going to the bus, showing off his Lego batman backpack.
 So big!
 New haircut as of yesterday. Finally!

 Bye!

Love grandpa. He's just the best. 
 Here comes the bus
 It looks like he's getting off the bus but he's actually getting on. I asked him to turn around for pics and he started coming back to me.
 Now that's more like it.
 Sniff!
 Lavi brought her toy box with her.



 Here's his teacher.
And here's the smartboard. 

4 comments:

Ioana said...

Ce zi super! Ma bucur ca totul a decurs bine si se pare ca invatatoarea nu a mai fost super emotionata.:) Ai niste copii tare scumpi, Madi! Te pup!

Cristina Karekar said...

Foarte frumos! Ma bucur mult ca lui Daci i-a placut! Acomodarea e mult mai usoara sau chiar seamless daca merg la preschool inainte. Daci e un scump si la fel si Lavi! Mult succes si tie in noul an scolar! :) (and I WANT A SMART BOARD! :) LOL! :)

Holly Wilcox said...

The pictures are so cute! I love his new hair cut. What a handsome boy. It's okay if your dinner wasn't fancy. It looked delicious and I'm sure Dacian though it was special! How fun. Our back to school dinner was a week late and nothing like the past- but the kids still felt special. Great job super mom and Shane for the meal!!!!

Stanca said...

Succes mult lui Daci! Foarte frumoase pozele. Ai niste copii superbi Madi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...