Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Frames and walls

I need help with my walls. I need to buy the darn frames which are usually so expensive. But for some reason I can never picture how to put the frames on a wall to make it look cute. I am afraid to have everything all from the same frames but also afraid to buy frames that are too different from each other. I badly need to decorate my bedroom. I want to buy a new bed frame and to put frames us above the bed to make my room look cute but I always end up being cheap and saying I will buy it later when I can afford it. What if I can never afford it then what? Should I just stop worrying about it?
This is what's been in my head lately.
Do any of you have any fun decorating blogs you follow?

6 comments:

Candice said...

I follow way too many design blogs, but this one is my favorite:
http://mydesigndump.blogspot.com
another one that might have some ideas:
www.remodelaholic.com

magazine pictures are great inspiration, too.

Happy decorating!

Holly Wilcox said...

Have your dad help you make a headboard from http://www.knock-offwood.com

Holly Wilcox said...

Also, you could just use canvases, instead of frames. But you'd have to find a discount store that sells them- otherwise you could find frames for the same price. It depends on what style you are going for too. I've seen people frame a 12x12 square of pretty scrapbook paper and it looks great! Are you doing photos or art?

Holly Wilcox said...

One more thing. It's okay if you can never afford it!!
If this is something you really want to do then start looking for frames on clearance or at yard sales/thrift stores. Maybe someone has some free old windows you could use. But don't buy anything if you are worried about the money.

Cristina Karekar said...

I get my ideas (which I am yet to implement) from online blogs (Shawnie Eyre's and others) and magazines. Pottery Barn has great ideas on frames, mixing and matching different color/sizes/finshes or going very monochromatic b&w. I'd look for store/online clearance or sales, garage sales. Once you get going I think you find your own style too. I found this other lady's blog which is amazing, check it out at http://resolved2worship.xanga.com/tags/ (look for the Decorating tags/posts.) (She is amazing in many ways but her creativity and frugality is beyond anything I've seen so far. Amazing. Check it out!) Happy Decorating!!!

Maddy S said...

Thanks for your comments, ideas and sites. It will take me a long time before I decide and do something but I will work on this over the summer. I think I am going to go to a lot of the garage sales. Also I will keep on getting ideas before I buy anything major.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...