Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Mother's day!

Well, this is the post I thought I lost. I changed it some and now I don't like it but I will post it anyway. 

First Happy Mother's Day to you all. You are wonderful examples to me.
My own mom is amazing. She is my personal hero and all I ever wanted to be was to be more like her. I love her dearly. She is totally selfless and oh so talented. She never just stays still, she is busy as a bee, cook extraordinare, she knits, sews, crochets, and loves us like no other. She also loves people in general, is very kind and never complains. That's amazing to me. I hope to have her around for a long time to come. She encourages me and has shown me and my family more love and kindness than I could ever think imaginable. Love you mom.


Today was a fun day. Shane woke me up to breakfast in bed. Hmmm, I would've have chosen sleep over breakfast but I understand he had just made it and he didn't want it to get too cold. Also is was close to 9 am so I guess he's forgiven. Actually he is truly forgiven because he made a great breakfast (eggs and bacon are my favorite) and then let me sleep some more. I was that tired (probably because of the medication I'm on) that I slept another hour. I was really grateful our church started at 11am this year. Actually I was tired all day. I cannot believe I have such a lack of energy. I don't get it. It's been over a week since I got sick and I still don't feel that great. My throat still hurts at times and my voice is super raspy. Oh well, hopefully in another week I will feel 100%. I do feel better now, my voice is still not normal yet.
I got to take an afternoon nap as well. I LOVE to sleep and since I am always tired this was the best mother's day gift. Silly since moms are all about their kids and all I cared about on Mother's day was to recharge. So thanks to Shane I got my wish and I couldn't be more grateful. He also cooked for me in the afternoon and made fabulous steaks topped with mushrooms and sautéed onions and blue cheese and an amazing salad.
I was so spoiled. Yay for me! And I am so glad we didn't go out to some restaurant and fight the crowds. We did that last year and it was a little crazy.
Dacian thought mother's day was when I went to his school earlier in the week. He gave me this cute vase they painted in school. So on the actual mother's day he really didn't seem that excited about it. I think he moved on to better and bigger things.
Now what do you do for father's day? Any cool ideas?

3 comments:

Stanca said...

Ma bucur ca ai regasit ce ai scris! Ce frumos te-au sarbatorit dragii tai, bravo lor, bravo lui Shane ce mancare delicioasa!
Si mie imi place sa dorm si ma simt mereu obosita - ce bine ca mi-am gasit "geamana"! ;-)

Holly Wilcox said...

Father's day... we clean Tyler's car, inside and out.

Cristina Karekar said...

How wonderfully you were celebrated!!!! Bravo Shane!!! I so hear you, sleep is my greatest reward nowadays!!!:-) De Ziua Tatalui, I usually make a nice dinner, get him a golf pass or something that he likes to do. But usually we just make homemade cards, yummy dinner, and treats together. Maybe take him to his favorite spot in town, BBQ, etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...